Supportive Housing Services is a community based health care program funded through the Champlain Local Health Integration Network/Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. The program supports eligible seniors living in designated buildings to maintain their independence with an optimal level of health and well being in their home free of charge. Services are not available in retirement homes or long term care facilities. Supportive Housing Services are provided by Personal Support Workers who are available to assist 24 hours a day. The Supervisor of the Supportive Housing Services works with other health partners to provide support to the client and their family
Professional services such as Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, etc. are accessed through the Champlain Community Care Access Centre (CCAC).
Supportive Housing Services available:
- Personal Care
- Prompts with pre-measured medications
- Security checks
- Emergency Response System installed in the home
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Laundry & linen change
- Prompt & assist with exercises
Who is eligible for Supportive Housing Services?
- Must meet the eligibility criteria as determined by assessment
- Must reside in 4324, 4328, & 4330 Villa Drive, Williamsburg Ontario. Other individuals not eligible for the service may also reside in the buildings.
- Must be able to remain safely at home between visits
- Must be able to direct their own care/have a substitute decision maker to direct care
- May live alone or with a caregiver
- Must not pose a risk to themselves or others
A referral can be sent by a family member, self, physician, hospital discharge planner, Community Support Service Agency, or LHIN Case Manager. Admission to Supportive Housing Services is completed by the Supervisor of the Supportive Housing Services. The client will be assessed to determine their eligibility. If eligible and the program is full, the senior will be put on a wait list and referred to other services. The individual plan of care is developed by the client and the Supervisor of Supportive Housing Services, to meet their needs and maintain their independence.